What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, they can be used to recognise the user. Under no circumstances may cookies damage your computer. On the other hand, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and resolve possible errors.
Below, cookies are classified according to a series of categories. However, it should be noted that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided. In our case: euCookie and Session Cookie.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies, in this case we process them: _ga, _gid, and _gat
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
Types of cookies depending on the length of time they remain active
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcast of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are cookies that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
The cookies used on our website are our own and those of third parties and allow us to store and access information relating to language, the type of browser used and other general characteristics predefined by the user, as well as to monitor and analyse the activity carried out, in order to introduce improvements and provide our services in a more efficient and personalised manner. Nuevas Técnicas del Revestimiento, S.A. does not use advertising or behavioural advertising cookies.
At Nuevas Técnicas del Revestimiento, S.A. we do not collect or store your personal information (for example, your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify you.
However, you can configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies, or you can select which cookies you accept and which you do not, by following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser used:
The list expressed in this policy is current as of 15 March 2019 and will be updated whenever technical or legislative changes are made.
What are you looking for?
If you need more information about our products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us.